FI Tuners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to those in Fleming Island, Florida who are interested in tuning.

You are not connected. Please login or register

swap options

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1swap options Empty swap options Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:31 pm

NickJDMThompson

NickJDMThompson

I have three options, im gonna keep it short and to the point

1.manual corvette ls2
-easy and cheap
-would be very fun
downside
-since its a small truck not sure how weight would be distributed in other words i could totally be ruining what little handling i already have.
-havent seen it been done by anyone else.

2. current engine with turbo or superchargher
-could be done immediately
-no handling would be lost
downside
-i have no clue a old motor like the one i have could handle pressure wise would probably end up costing the most
-probably wouldnt run efficently anymore
-no base power to start with.

3. Sr20 with upgraded turbo
-would be fast as hell for sure
-no handling loss basically same sized engines
-probably most power
-easy tuning
downside
-parts intercooler exuast etc. most expensive by far
-would need all the help i could get(when that expensive you dont want to fuck up)

2swap options Empty LS2 Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:56 pm

Admin

Admin

I opt for the LS2. The main reason being that that engine has the largest aftermarket humanly possible.. Also, the lack of tuning makes it easy to gain cheap horsepower. Weight distribution? Put cinder blocks in the back and even it out... lol!

https://fituners.forumotion.com

3swap options Empty YYESSS Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:07 pm

NickJDMThompson

NickJDMThompson

exactly my reasoning

THough probably gonna have to find a better way for the weight

4swap options Empty Re: swap options Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:09 pm

SharkeysSuby

SharkeysSuby

NickJDMThompson wrote:exactly my reasoning

Pile of dead hookers in the back will do the trick...

5swap options Empty Re: swap options Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:22 pm

NickJDMThompson

NickJDMThompson

SharkeysSuby wrote:
NickJDMThompson wrote:exactly my reasoning

Pile of dead hookers in the back will do the trick...
yup thatll do

6swap options Empty Re: swap options Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:25 pm

94Si Hatch

94Si Hatch
Honda Guru
Honda Guru

I'm going to have to agree with Juan. Your really going to run into a problem with the wait and fishtailing... Serious suspension work is going to follow that route.

http://civic-eg.com

7swap options Empty Re: swap options Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:43 pm

NickJDMThompson

NickJDMThompson

got support the usa somewhere so us vette engine and jdm rest of the car

8swap options Empty Re: swap options Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:44 pm

94Si Hatch

94Si Hatch
Honda Guru
Honda Guru

NickJDMThompson wrote:got support the usa somewhere so us vette engine and jdm rest of the car
Yeah, I've seen LS1 swaps on S2K's, and some other Honda's/JDM cars, but you'll have a BLAST custom fitting that. Lmfao
Have you looked into upgraded internals, and doing a re-build with a painted bay, etc.?

9swap options Empty Re: swap options Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:48 pm

SharkeysSuby

SharkeysSuby

Sounds a bit iffy to me...

10swap options Empty Re: swap options Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:36 pm

NickJDMThompson

NickJDMThompson

SharkeysSuby wrote:Sounds a bit iffy to me...
how Shocked

11swap options Empty Re: swap options Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:51 pm

Honestly LS2 are way better tuned ,juan, than the older vette engines thats why they push 380hp with the same liters as nicks engine, however the next step for those engines is either a super which is stupid simple to put on or twin turbos which is a little more involved. Have you considered selling the truck and saving for a better car maybe integra, S2k, impreza, dare i say miata jk.

12swap options Empty Re: swap options Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:24 pm

94Si Hatch

94Si Hatch
Honda Guru
Honda Guru

Troy Dentel (Miata NA) wrote:Honestly LS2 are way better tuned ,juan, than the older vette engines thats why they push 380hp with the same liters as nicks engine, however the next step for those engines is either a super which is stupid simple to put on or twin turbos which is a little more involved. Have you considered selling the truck and saving for a better car maybe integra, S2k, impreza, dare i say miata jk.

Yeah, to be honest, you could sell the truck, and buy a really nice Integra or something... Even an LS/GS Integra (So long as it's manual) has an awesome market to mod. A lot of people do LS/VTEC Swaps, which is where you take a B18C5 head and mate it to the B18B block. It's really intricate and takes a pretty hefty amount of research, but they're so sick when they're done. You should check into looking around, never know what you'll find.

13swap options Empty Re: swap options Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:54 pm

NickJDMThompson

NickJDMThompson

94Si Hatch wrote:
Troy Dentel (Miata NA) wrote:Honestly LS2 are way better tuned ,juan, than the older vette engines thats why they push 380hp with the same liters as nicks engine, however the next step for those engines is either a super which is stupid simple to put on or twin turbos which is a little more involved. Have you considered selling the truck and saving for a better car maybe integra, S2k, impreza, dare i say miata jk.

Yeah, to be honest, you could sell the truck, and buy a really nice Integra or something... Even an LS/GS Integra (So long as it's manual) has an awesome market to mod. A lot of people do LS/VTEC Swaps, which is where you take a B18C5 head and mate it to the B18B block. It's really intricate and takes a pretty hefty amount of research, but they're so sick when they're done. You should check into looking around, never know what you'll find.

yea actaully see them every where selling it for a more jdm car is mos def an option its just i've got a bond with truck like even in its current crap state i still love it but i guess all depends on the oppurtunites that pop up, the amount of cash, and other factors.

14swap options Empty Re: swap options Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:25 pm

so here's what i would do keep the truck make it sweet but don't go to extensive, may sri/cai exhaust jack it up (If you want) what ever else you want to do, then get a job and try and buy a more jdm car by the end of summer or christmas.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]