FI Tuners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to those in Fleming Island, Florida who are interested in tuning.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Swap into Em2

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Swap into Em2 Empty Swap into Em2 Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:47 am

MbigE

MbigE

So the Em2 has the D17A2 and honestly, it just doesn't have the power I am looking for. Good engine, but not for me! Im pretty sure I want to do a K or B swap, but Ive heard that B swaps aren't too good for the Em2's. So if anyone has any suggestions, let me know!

2Swap into Em2 Empty Re: Swap into Em2 Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:38 pm

94Si Hatch

94Si Hatch
Honda Guru
Honda Guru

MbigE wrote:So the Em2 has the D17A2 and honestly, it just doesn't have the power I am looking for. Good engine, but not for me! Im pretty sure I want to do a K or B swap, but Ive heard that B swaps aren't too good for the Em2's. So if anyone has any suggestions, let me know!

This requires a hell of a lot of research... GENERALLY SPEAKING cars with Original D Series mounts are better suited for B series swaps. Do not quote me on that though. Personally, the K series have always proved themselves a pain unless you have a clean slated bay to work off of, and a lot of money to pour into it for all the unexpected things that pop up. This requires a hell of a lot of research though... A lot of it also has to do with the Type of K and the Type of B you decide on ... Ie: B20 vs B16 . Same Series, but opposite ends of the Torque spectrum. Just requires a lot of research. . .

PS; K series are generally much more pricy. Even for the base model K's.

http://civic-eg.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]