FI Tuners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to those in Fleming Island, Florida who are interested in tuning.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Regrind Cams?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Regrind Cams? Empty Regrind Cams? Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:01 pm

SharkeysSuby

SharkeysSuby

I recently posted on a subaru site and I got this as a reply...If you really want to go through the trouble regrind your cams also, this will be about the extant of the power your going to get on top of exhaust and intake.
Im clear on exhaust and intake but what exactly does it mean to regrind the cams?
Question

2Regrind Cams? Empty Re: Regrind Cams? Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:13 pm

Jake Garlinger (01 civic)

First any seriously worn cam lobes are welded up to be slightly higher than stock height. Then everything is ground down to slightly lower than stock height to expose all fresh materail. This leaves the base circle slightly smaller diameter than original, which is generally no problem, and can be taken up by adjustment of the rockers. It also leaves the entire cam lobe slightly smaller than original, scaled down by a few percent. A slightly sharper apex on the cam lobe can increase wear rate slightly, but that's not much of an issue by itself.

3Regrind Cams? Empty Re: Regrind Cams? Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:17 pm

SharkeysSuby

SharkeysSuby

What would doing this help? Worth it?

4Regrind Cams? Empty Re: Regrind Cams? Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:35 pm

I know honda uses quality steel to make there cams but I dont know what Subaru uses u would have to research it. Is it worth it? I wouldn't if you don't need to because you have to adjust lift, duration, ect.

5Regrind Cams? Empty Re: Regrind Cams? Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:36 pm

SharkeysSuby

SharkeysSuby

Thanks!

6Regrind Cams? Empty Re: Regrind Cams? Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:05 pm

No Problem.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum